NG, GC, gonococcus, Aptima
Endocervical collection, vaginal collection, male urethral collection, urine collection from male or female
Complete the Incyte Diagnostics requisition with the patient's demographics and relevant clinical history. Label specimen container with the patient's full first and last name, second unique identifier, and specimen source/site.
Improper or inadequate , specimen in expired or incorrect collection vials. In a urine collection, the liquid level must fall between the two black indicator lines on the tube label or the specimen will be rejected. Vials with no swab, swabs that are not part of the collection, and specimens received in incorrect fixative (such as formalin). Orders off ThinPrep and SurePath specimens .
APTIMA Combo 2 nucleic acid amplification (NAA)
Specimen is retained for 21 days from initial testing
- GCCTAPTIMA - Gonorrhea/Chlamydia by Aptima
- GCAPTIMA - Gonorrhea by Aptima Swab
- GCURINE - Gonorrhea by Aptima Urine Kit
- TGCCT - Gonorrhea/Chlamydia Only (NO PAP)
- TPAPGC - Pap w/GC
- TPAPGCCT - Pap w/GCCT
- TPAPAGC - Pap w/HPV if ASCUS and GC
- TPAPAGCCT - Pap w/HPV if ASCUS and GCCT
- AGCCT- Gonorrhea/Chlamydia Only (NO PAP)
- APAPGC - Pap w/GC
- APAPGCCT - Pap w/GCCT
- APAPAGC - Pap w/HPV if ASCUS and GC
- APAPAGCCT - Pap w/HPV if ASCUS and GCCT
ANALCYTGCCT - Anal Gonorrhea/Chlamydia with cytology
GCCTI - Gonorrhea/Chlamydia by Incyte Swab
GCCTURINE - Gonorrhea/Chlamydia by Aptima Urine Kit
Positive results are reported to the Health Department in accordance with state law.
*The listed CPT codes are for reference use only. Final coding is based on CPT guidelines and individual circumstances.